Sunday 25 March 2012

8 WEEKS OUT- Kelowna Western Canadians

I am 8 weeks out...Last week was a good week!...Pushed hard and on Saturday's weight in showed 4 lbs down and came in at 13.5% Body Fat.....Thank goodness all this hard work is paying off....Slow and steady....I feel leaner and definitely stronger. We took our progress photos and its amazing to see the small changes week on week......I will post progress photos after the show all 12 weeks. This weeks focus will be on getting those glutes tighter and I am sure it will be the focus for the rest of my prep. I don't feel discouraged as everyone has a problem area and this is mine....Yup!!!! I am bottom blessed...haha!

With the last reward meal out of the way its time to cook and prep food for the week. Luckily my husband Andrew is prepping with me for the same show. For some couples this calls for a difficult combination....somehow with us the food is not the issue....We certainly are a bit on the edge but not necessarily because of the food its more the strict routine that is getting to us....well at least to me.

Prepping together I feel is easier because we train together....we call it our date time and cook together every Sunday and Wednesday. We weigh and prep food for the week and Andrew packs it in our cooler bags every morning. This keeps us well to be honest me on track!!! I usually pick up groceries every other day so we have fresh produce and fruit on a regular basis. For proteins we make a bi-weekly trip to the US as its half price if not more some trips for organic meat. Chores are strictly divided day by day so there is no confusion who does what as the household and its maintenance cannot suffer because we are prepping.

I truly believe that my life runs more efficiently when my house is ORGANIZED....meaning clean and tidy, dishes done, laundry done and put away. This sets the tone for the day and the week.

Our daughter has been helping out with the chores. She's amazing! Her initiative to help and support us in this journey has been sooooo helpful! This is the toughest part of the prep as Veronica definitely eats like a typical teenager...and watching her eat pasta, chicken strips and ice cream is hard on any given day but during contest prep somehow I feel just a little more sensitive to the smell and visual distraction of all the goodies she indulges in....lol

Well this is it for now....time for a little date with the hubby!

Till next time and thank you for reading

Grace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment