Thursday 15 March 2012

Getting to know me!

So.....here it is! My first blog. I have been contemplating on writing a blog for some time now and there is never a good time to start....

Work-Family-Life

Something is always happening!

So why now?

Well I decided to make some changes in my life. New outlook on life I guess you could call it that. Health and Fitness have been a huge part of my new life in the last year or so.

My daughter will be 14 this year so she is somewhat self sufficient....If you can call a teenager that! So with that came a bit more free time for myself and my hubby who is on this life changing journey with me and we decided to focus on health and fitness as a part of becoming better people.

Being out of shape isn't easy especially when you loose track of whats happening to your body and we decided together that we wanted to make a change. We started to work out in October 2010 using in home videos on a daily basis and eating clean so we thought....I will elaborate on this part later :)

We used the in home videos for a few months and started to see some great results....so we thought....I will elaborated on that later as well :)

In August of 2011 I was on THE Twitter....lol checking things out and was adding to my not so long list of people to follow that were in the fitness industry to get some motivation as the videos and the scale can only take it so far. Anyhow I decided to look for people that were more local other than all the California Beauties (as I call them!) and we'll just leave it at that. As I was in search of some local people I came across a local personal trainer and he had a post about a free personal training session he was offering. I thought hmmmmm maybe this is something to look into and explore for me and my better half. Later that I talked to Andrew my hubby and mentioned the tweet to him...long story short it did take me a couple of days but I did contact Dean of Body by Brandt to get in on this offer of free training session.

Dean replied to me same day and said on Saturday August 13th, 2011 I have 10 am open.... Andrew will train with me and you will train with Leigh my wife....Short and sweet and a little scary but we were in and committed to see what it was all about.

We showed up nervous a little as we didn't know what to expect. I will speak for myself and I am sure Andrew will agree with me that it was a full body workout and a kick A$$ one at that!

I could not move for days. We have not looked back since and have both lost over 30lbs and are prepping for our first fitness competition May 19th, 2012 in Kelowna....Who would have thought?

The workouts are tough and have not gotten easier one bit!

In my next blog I will get back to the results part and clean eating

Till next time :)

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment